- About IFCA
- Galaxies and AGNs
- Observational Cosmology and Instrumentation
- High Energy Physics and Instrumentation
- Advanced Computing and e-Science
- Dynamics and Fluctuations in nonlinear systems
- Meteorology and Climate Change
- Technology Transfer
- Infraestructuras y Equipamiento
- Education and outreach
- Seminars and Workshops
- Job Vacancies
The Instituto de Física de Cantabria was created in June 8th, 1995 through a cooperation agreement signed by José María Mato de la Paz (chairman of the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas) and Jaime Vinuesa Tejedor (Rector of the Universidad de Cantabria), being the first director of the center F. Xavier Barcons Jáuregui.
The main goal of the Instituto de Física de Cantabria is to promote high quality scientific research in the fields of Astrophysics and Structure of Matter.